Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Maintenance Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep and appearance of outdoor areas. The
Groundskeeper tends to outdoor environments, including grounds and landscaping, at homes, parks, recreation areas, Federal and Commercial buildings. The job is often seasonal and labor-intensive.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions):
- Consist of up keeps lawns, trees, shrubs and other landscaping elements.
- Enforces and follows the guidelines of the quality control plan.
- Responsible for the length and condition of grasses and other elements of the specific contracts.
- Uses a variety of hand tools and powered equipment such as lawn owners, rakes, trimmers, chainsaws and snow blowers.
- Applies chemicals, including fertilizers or pesticides.
- Notifies the Groundskeeper Crew Leader of any inspection conducted & corrective action taken.
- Follows the guidelines of the quality control plan.
- Acts as role model for crew by exhibiting proper safety practices, hygiene, work practices in accordance with company policies.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS polices and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- All questions concerning the grounds keeping contract, work scheduling, issues with grounds and equipment, chemicals or supplies shall be directed to the Project Manager, the Supervisor or the Director of Contracts. No direct contact shall be made with contract personnel.
- Adherence to the contracted grounds keeping schedule is of prime importance and critical to the success of the contract. Any deviations to this must be approved through the Project Manager, the Supervisor or the Director of Contracts.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Project Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED; One year of experience in grounds keeping.
- Maintenance Groundskeepers to complete continuing education classes on safety or other topics in order to complete their licenses.
- Must be able to read and write English and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Grounds Keeper should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage ones owns time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must have current auto insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Routinely operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Physically able to perform essential functions of the position without hazard to self or others.
- Must be able to work independently
- Non-sedentary work, walking, frequent bending, lifting & carrying 60 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate grounds keeping and lawn maintenance equipment.
Reporting to the position are: