Customers served (external and internal): all clients, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is part of the corporate organization providing expertise, guidance and advice to executive management as required concerning all security administrative functions. Functions include the processing of personnel security clearances, record maintenance, understanding of access requests, administering security awareness training programs and preparing visit requests for all Federal Contracts. This position requires independent judgment and discretion, as well as the identification, analysis and resolution of security-related matters.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions; including, but not limited to):
- Review all security paperwork for accuracy, completion and submission via the JPAS.
- Conduct new employee briefings, exit interviews and debriefings.
- Prepare refresher training courses for staff.
- Maintain and monitor JPAS on a regular basis.
- Responsible for visitor control functions and arranging visit requests through JPAS.
- Establish a Corporate Security Plan for LifeROOTS, Inc.
- Prepare and participate with LifeROOTS for DSS security audits.
- Conduct inspections of LifeROOTS facility.
- Write security policies/procedures and prepare written reports of surveys and inspections.
- Investigate and report security violations, incident reports.
- Provide guidance and instruction to employees to ensure completion of security paperwork.
- Prepare and review of DD254 for subcontractors for security files.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with DSS in filing necessary clearance paperwork for new employees and periodic reviews for current employees.
- Prepare necessary paperwork in support of a DSS investigation or annual visit and meets with DSS representative upon request.
- Maintain a working relationship with contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances.
- Provide follow-up clearance status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts.
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements and audits.
- Prepare security briefings and refresher briefings.
- Escort duties to Federal Sites.
- Establish and maintain relationships with basic security personnel @ KAFB (& VGSA)
- Subcontractor security duties with LifeROOTS subcontractors (such as Adelante, etc.)
- Maintain and prepare LifeROOTS, Inc. personnel files according to NISPOM.
- Recommend and conduct semi-annual security briefings/refresher courses.
- Conduct/manage self-inspection of LifeROOTS, Inc. facility on a quarterly basis.
- Attend NCMS meetings on behalf of LifeROOTS, Inc.
- Maintain relationship with DSS on behalf of LifeROOTS, Inc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 5+ years of specialized experience.
- Preferred in-depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Experience with DSS
- Experience in JPAS
- Experience in the preparation of DD254 forms
- Access Program knowledge of ISFD, EFCL, SWFT (Fingerprinting) & PILI (Smart Card)
- Completion of Formal DSS Academy FSO training course (certification required)
- Must hold current Top Secret clearance
- Must be aware of present day security issues.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Able to interact effectively with staff, clients and the public in a professional and courteous manner.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Membership in NCMS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience working in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license with good driving record and must have current auto insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Occasionally operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to themselves or others. (Physicality may include sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, carrying objects up to 25lbs.)
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to themselves or others. The work is sedentary.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS may revise this job description.